Saturday

Volta Region

The Volta region is beautiful! I went there for the first time during my November trip. The main attractions were a lot of Diana monkeys (WAY cuter than the monkeys in Botswana), and a hike through the jungle to a beautiful waterfall. Ahhh.... I fed bananas to the monkeys, too! They ate it right out of my hand.

There's not much more I can say than it was beautiful to get out of Accra and into nature.

Oh, there was a lady selling rice and chicken out of her house near the waterfall. When I asked how much it was, of course she told me it was three times the cost of what it is for Ghanaians. I went to hang out with the van driver, who was also eating. He informed me I was overcharged and demanded of the woman that she give me the meal for the same price. Then I played with a bunch of village boys. They started out picking on me, trying to pull my hair and touch me and make fun. So I pulled a Jackie Chan on them and they thought it was hilarious. They didn't speak English at all, so we interacted through sparring. Then I gave them all a few cents. I think they ended up liking me, and somewhat confused.

Grandpa had fallen behind, as Matthew and I had gotten back from the waterfall much faster than the rest of the group, so I purchased a flashlight since it had gotten completely dark since we had returned. Matthew ran back to rescue them.

It was a good day. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment