Monday

Koni Kablu Kids - White Crystals from the Sky


I'm in love with the village of Koni Kablu.  They all call me "Sister Sarah" at that school and they all remembered me in Nov 2009 from my April 2009 trip.  

Apart from the awesome World Mahp experience, I've had other fun interactions with the kids. I played "Draw the Man" with them.  (I thought "Hangman" was too violent.)  I also taught them some songs like "The Princess Pat," "Let Me See Your Bugaloo," "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes," "Row, Row, Row Your Boat," "London Bridge," and their favorite "A Rigabamboo."  It was sweet.

"Once there was a Snowman" was interesting to teach them because they have never seen snow or even pictures of snow. I told them white, fluffy crystals fall from the sky and pile up on the ground, and you can gather the crystals and make a small white house to play in. I don't think they believed me.


No comments:

Post a Comment